Monday, January 16, 2017

Great Things!

Selfie smackdown! Elder Griffiths challenging his brother, who is
serving in the U.S.Marine Corps, to "up his selfie game!" #smolder

We've got a lot of great things going on! This past Sunday almost every single person we teach came to church. That includes less-actives, investigators, and part-member families. It was probably one of the best Sundays of my mission. 

Something I've noticed as we've been teaching during this past week, is that our studies really make a difference in the spirituality of the lessons we have. Rarely do lessons go the way we plan them to, but I think Heavenly Father respects our efforts and blesses us for it. 

This past week Elder Wadsworth and I taught an investigator how to pray, and we studied hard on prayer. The obstacle we were facing is that this investigator already felt like she knew how to pray, but it wasn't the correct way that we are taught in the scriptures. We wanted to be bold but not overbearing. As we taught it was obvious that the Spirit had already confirmed to her that she could have greater power in her prayers by praying the way it is outlined in the scriptures. I'm absolutely sure that if we had not been prepared for that lesson, it would not have gone the way it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment