Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Goodbye, Sincere Robot

A photo of all the missionaries in Elder Griffiths' zone.
I was thinking yesterday and I realized that I've really been slacking on the sincerity of my prayers. One of the ways we use to approach people is by asking if we can say a prayer with them, so we end up saying a lot of prayers throughout the day and it can sometimes get repetitious because everyone always asks us to pray for their families. It's hard to be sincere each time. But that's an excuse. 

I was thinking last night about empowering experiences I've had with prayer and about how I need to truly take time to think about what I want to say with God, and how I'm going to find my answer from Him. Prayer works. We shouldn't take it lightly either. 

I slipped into a habit of praying like a "sincere robot." I would mean what I say, but I would pray for the same things each night and each morning. That's not how I should speak to God. This week I'm going to do better at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment