Monday, November 2, 2015

Show Love First

Elder Griffiths and a "bird thing" (his description).
I've been thinking a lot lately about leadership. Leadership is not one of my personal strengths, and yet it is something the Lord wants all of us to work on.

As a leader I've found that it is important to show love before you show anything else. Beating someone with a stick rarely solves a problem. In fact, it likely will cause more problems in the future. The same thing goes for leaders trying to help and uplift those that they are in charge of. I've noticed that people respond better when we do as the Savior commands and put ourselves last and think of ourselves less. Realizing this, and practicing it, has begun to change others and has begun to change me. Don't get me wrong, it's still a process and I'm FAR from perfect at it, but with the Lord's help I can be the best that I can be.

1 comment: