Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Mean What You Say

Aw! Elder Griffiths with a puppy.
It's very important to practice what you preach. If I tell a missionary that they need to be following a certain rule, and I am not doing it myself, my words are empty. If we want to invite someone who isn't a member to church because the gospel will bless their lives, we need to believe it will bless them, and we need to live what we believe. 

I know that it's crucial to make the small and simple steps of reading your scriptures, praying, and attending church, but it's even more important to do those things with sincerity and with a true desire to improve and to have the Spirit. I've noticed an increased closeness to Heavenly Father when I considered what I was reading, what I was praying about, or when I've prepared myself for church. As we do these things, we will be able to share the gospel with confidence and be able to mean it when we say, "These teachings have blessed my life and they will bless yours."

No comments:

Post a Comment