![]() |
| Elder Griffiths and Elder Hicken doing a car inspection at zone conference. |
I was riding home with my companion at about 9:00 at night
along a dark street. I had lights on my bike and I thought I was paying
attention but when I looked up I saw someone riding their bike right at me. I
was going pretty fast and we slammed into one another. I remember a lot of
tumbling and smacking my head on the ground (thank goodness for helmets). There
was a pain in my knee but other than that I was fine. It's interesting because
I remember hitting the ground in more places than just my knee so I know that
the Lord was protecting me. Over the course of a few days my knee returned to
normal.
The man I crashed into was fairly unhurt as well. He only
had a slight pain in his jaw and since he was drunk the pain didn't faze him at
all. He just got up and walk away with his bike. We offered to help him but he
said no thanks and left.
After standing for a moment and trying to gather my
thoughts, I looked at my bike. It was pretty beat up. Thankfully there's a
member in the ward who works on bicycles and he's trying to find me a new one
so that I don't have to use my "loaner" bike. It's super hard to
pedal and really works my legs. However, I know that the Lord has blessed and
protected me. I also know that as long as we are doing what we should, and are
trying to be good sons and daughters of God, we will be blessed in our efforts.
The Lord promised us that He will consecrate our afflictions for our gain (2
Nephi 2:2). Doctrine and Covenants 6:36 says, "Look unto me in every
thought; doubt not, fear not." That is all we need to do and we will
always have God on our side.

No comments:
Post a Comment