![]() |
| I spy with my little eye something with sharp teeth lurking in the water. Can you find it? |
I had several neat experiences this week. One of those was on Sunday.
We had called all of our investigators and none of them were going to be able to make it to church. I HATE not having investigators at church. It makes me feel like my whole week was useless. I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to bring someone to church. Five minutes before church started, a former investigator walked in. Someone came to church. Heavenly Father had heard and answered my prayer and I was extremely grateful.
Another experience is this: We were walking down the street heading toward an intersection that we were going to tract and some men were sitting in their garage smoking what may or may not have been an illegal substance and playing poker. We approached them and before we could finish our sentence they just waved their hands at us and said, "Move on!" That usually cuts right through all of my Christlike attributes and this time was no exception. Stubbornly I asked them if they knew anyone who needed to hear a message about Jesus Christ. They just waved rudely at me again and said, "Move on!" Like I said, Christlike attributes such as patience were gone. I told them that they didn't answer my question and then I asked them again, "Who do you know around here that could use a message about Jesus Christ?" One of the guys jokingly pointed at the house across the street and said, "I'm sure they'd love to meet some Jehovah's Witnesses." I told them we weren't Jehovah's Witnesses but thanked him and we walked over to that house.
We knocked and the lady answered the door. We said a prayer with her and taught her the Restoration. Her eyes lit up when we talked about the First Vision and she said she wanted to go to our church and we invited her to be baptized and she accepted.
If it weren't for the people across the street we would've walked right past her house. I'm glad Heavenly Father is able to use EVERYONE to accomplish His work.

No comments:
Post a Comment