| The Tampa area in Florida is subject to some wild weather. This is a photo of a water spout in Tampa Bay earlier this year. |
The first thing I've really learned on my mission, is the
power of prayer. More importantly, the power of specific prayer. Specific
prayers have changed how I view a lot of things. There have been countless
times where my companion and I have prayed to find a specific number of people,
and have walked away having found that specific number of people.
I've also learned how to listen to the Spirit. I'm not
perfect at it by any means, but I've definitely improved in the last seven
months. Last night, we were walking along a street and it was pretty late at
night. It was the street we needed to take to get home, but I felt like we
needed to go left. It made no sense to turn left, because that would make our
route home about ten minutes longer. After turning left and walking for five
minutes or so, we met a man who said that his family was going through a really
hard time and that he could really use a prayer. It's not some huge miracle,
but it was enough to let us know that God is directing His work for the benefit
of His children.
No comments:
Post a Comment