Monday, July 6, 2015

Following the Leader

Doing some training at zone conference.


I've been learning a lot about leading by example. Everyone is a leader whether they realize it or not. We all have influence on people around us. However, we can influence people for good or for bad. Others can do that to us. It's a cycle that never ends and can be exhausting if our testimony and standards are not firmly rooted in eternal principles and truths.

Without this firm foundation, leaders who attempt to lift other's standards will not be successful, and will find themselves being pulled down in the process of trying to lift others up. This is why it is so important to build our foundation on the rock of our Redeemer. His standards never waver. He will always lift us up, and nothing and no one can pull Him down.

I hope some of this made sense. If not, read Helaman 5:12 – it sums up my thoughts on leadership perfectly. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment