Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Seeing Others as They Really Are

Elder Stuart with an unidentified person at the Sebring Veteran's Club.
Seeing others through God's eyes is an enabling ability that allows us to further strengthen our testimonies and the testimonies of those who are around us. We are commanded to keep our eyes single to the glory of God, and in Moses 1:39 we are told that God's work and His glory is to "bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." The point I'm trying to make here is that in order to stay focused on God, we need to stay focused on helping the people He is trying to bring eternal life to. 

When we change our perspective and view everyone as a precious individual who matters to God, our lives change. How can we see others through God's eyes? I'm not going to pretend to know the exact process, I just know it's hard but it's worth it. God is not a respecter of persons, and we shouldn't be either. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment