![]() |
| Another beach shot from May 25. Transfers tomorrow. Last day in Port Richey, last day as a trainee, last day with Elder Hicken. |
I think it's interesting that my mom would ask me to talk
about hope the week Elder Hicken and I find out we're both getting transferred.
As we consider where we may go and what our future holds, we have nothing but
hope.
This may seem peculiar because a fair majority of the world
faces change with fear and anxiety. Men's hearts typically fail them when they are
encircled by commotion (see Doctrine and Covenants 88:91). However, life is not
meant to be feared. Life is meant to be fulfilling.
We must have "hope for a better world" (Ether
12:4) and look forward with a "perfect brightness of hope" (2 Nephi
31:20). Hope allows us to not only endure through trials, but to endure them
with joy. I like the phrase "brightness of hope" because it not only
shows that hope fills us with light, but it is also a light that others may
look to for strength.
Building our foundation on the "rock of our
Redeemer" (Helaman 5:12) allows us to press forward knowing that there is
a greater purpose to our existence. I know that as we seek to find the light of
hope in what seems to be a world infested with darkness we will not falter, and
our hearts will not fail us. In the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.
So beautifully put Elder!!! LOVE AND HUGS FROM IDAHO!
ReplyDelete