Monday, May 11, 2015

Tap into the Power

Skype session with Elder Griffiths on Mother's Day
Scriptures have incredible power. I've been paying a lot of attention lately to 2 Nephi 29. The Book of Mormon in tandem with the Bible establishes the divinity of Christ and the truthfulness of His restored gospel.

God's words change lives. Period. End of story. If you don't believe me, I challenge you to test the words of God and see if they do not bring greater light, truth, and happiness to your life. The scriptures teach us our individual worth and show us the path to our heavenly destination.

In the mornings, missionaries study the scriptures for two hours. When we take it seriously and prayerfully, we are armed with power and the Holy Ghost and can testify with greater strength and conviction. Now, when I feel spiritually exhausted, or like I am lacking in spiritual power, I turn to the scriptures to help provide me with the stamina I need to do the work I'm on this earth to do.

I know that as each of us writes the scriptures in our hearts, that we can receive the ability to endure through life, and endure it well. My final thought and comment to you all: READ YOUR SCRIPTURES.

1 comment:

  1. Amen Elder! I couldn't survive without my daily book of Mormon! GOOD WORK

    ReplyDelete