Monday, March 23, 2015

Arriving in the Mission Field


On the ground in Florida (I am the fifth from the right)
 
When I arrived I in Florida, I wasn't nervous at all. I was mostly just tired. You're always tired out here. It's a constant state of existence for missionaries.
When we arrived in the airport our mission president was waiting for us with his two assistants. They drove us to the mission home and we had dinner, wrote letters to our families, and learned about some of the safety protocols that we have to follow. That night we slept in a hotel and it was super comfortable.
The next morning we had the hardest workout of our lives and it was horrible. That day we did a little more training and did some street contacting at the University of South Florida. It was funny to see how many people tried to avoid us. My temporary companion and I talked to a lot of people and even got someone to commit to going to church. I was excited after that, but no one else really was willing to talk to us.

The next day we got assigned to our areas. That was when I got nervous. It really hit home that now I was in the mission field and this was for real. However, at the same time I was super excited.

So far every day has been great no matter what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment