Thursday, March 2, 2017

Take It Easy? No Way!

Serving hands make happy hearts.

I think it's only fitting that I talk a little about enduring to the end. Since the beginning of my mission I made myself and God a promise that I wouldn't be one of those missionaries who slows down at the end of their mission. I would endure to the end and work faithfully. I would like to think that I've held true to that promise. Now, at the risk of sounding prideful I would like to mention that it's God who has been providing the blessings and that ultimately He has been doing all of the hard stuff. 

A couple of recently baptized people were an inspiration this week to me. One of them has been extremely sick this whole week and he's barely been able to function. However, he wanted to come to church really badly. He loaded himself up on medication and came to church. He enjoyed it a lot and he was glad he made that effort. Another recent convert was asked if she would accept a certain calling. Despite some reservations she had, she accepted and knows that the Lord will support her. Enduring faithfully is what really brings blessings. Consistency builds faith which is why I'm not going to take it easy this week. I'm excited to see what miracles happen!


More...

...and more from the zone service project.


No comments:

Post a Comment