![]() |
| Just be yourself. |
Having a strong work ethic can make or break your mission. I know there are days where I don't want to go out and do things because I feel exhausted, but I understand that what I signed up for is called missionary "work" for a reason.
Work never stops, even when we die. In fact, think about how much work it is for our Heavenly Father to be doing all that He does. "For behold, this is my WORK and my glory..." (Moses 1:39). I think my work ethic has been strengthened as well. Every day when I feel the joy that comes from working it makes me that much more motivated to go out and do it again.
There are some missionaries who don't understand the principle of work, and they tend to have a pessimistic attitude towards their mission. They complain about how hard it is and they don't get a lot done. I'll admit, at first I probably leaned more toward that side, but then I realized what a waste of time it is to be out on a mission without wanting to do as much as you possibly can. I don't think I've had many moments of laziness on my mission, but my motivation wasn't as strong as it could've been. Understanding that work can bring happiness is something that has really turned my mission around.
![]() |
| Striking a pose. |
![]() |
| Elder Griffiths' Christmas tree, complete with an appropriate tree topper and pug (family pet photos) ornaments. |



No comments:
Post a Comment